kemper gunn house
Known as the Kemper-Gunn House, this circa-1889 Queen Anne Victorian has been part of the downtown fabric of Westport for the past 130 years. Slated for demolition it was saved by the creative energy of a community. Working with the developer and community the architect devised a plan to repurpose the building in its new location. Providing much needed fabric with street front shopping while screening the massive parking lot behind. Setting the tone for future transformation of a barren streetfront into a scenic pedestrian way.